Bumf favours fiction, nonfiction, or essays—but we will consider anything interesting as long as it can be read in a sitting. Mostly this means pieces between 400 and 1000 words.
Bumf claims a continuing non–exclusive electronic license to publish your work. If your submission has been published previously we are happy for you, but we cannot accept it here.
We are not-for-profit and we cannot pay contributors, but rest assured you will be published in good company. We can link to other websites or mention work that you would like us to promote.
How to submit
1. Write your bumf. Make it easy on the eye. We particularly like size 12 Times New Roman font with 1.5 line spacing.
2. Include a brief bio at the end of your piece and links to any websites or blogs you would like us to mention.
3. Name your document like so: Surname_Title.docx.
4. Attach your submission as a MS Word document.
5. Send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Please don’t send us anything via mail: we are looking to destroy the socialist nightmare that is Australia Post.
What may happen next
Bumf has a rolling submissions policy. There are no cut-off dates; we just try to post a new piece each week or two. If you submit, you should receive a response within a month of sending; however, if it takes longer than that, just be patient, we have been anxious readers since the events of 9/11.
When you submit work you are added to our free subscriber list.
We like to work closely with our authors. You may be surprised at the attention your piece receives, and how many hands get dirty, as it moves towards publication. Our only rule is that we cannot accept the use of the words ‘whilst’ and ‘amongst’ (even ironically).